VIDEO | If you want something done right, you don’t always have to do it yourself. Outsourcing can sometimes be an option worth considering. Matthew Goldblatt and Keavy Marchant of J.P. Morgan joined us at PostTrade 360° Copenhagen 2023 to discuss the ins and outs of sourcing for alternatives administration.
The session was sponsored by J.P. Morgan Securities Services
According to Matthew Goldblatt, Head of Investment Operations Solutions Sales EMEA & APAC at J.P. Morgan, there is no formula for changing an operating model from one that uses in-house service providers to one that collaborates with external service providers. He does, however, believe that the decision to make the switch should not be reactive.
“Do it in the absence of a trigger point,” he advises. The switch should be guided by whether an organisation has the right staff and technology in place, and not motivated by external forces – which he mentioned he has witnessed many times. “If you have the need (to switch) because there’s a regulatory requirement or an operational error, that’s not a good place to be taking your change,” he points out.
The speakers were:
Matthew Goldblatt, Head of Investment Operations Solutions Sales EMEA & APAC, J.P. Morgan, and
Keavy Marchant, Head of Client Services Continental Europe, J.P.Morgan.
Watch the session video here!First, log in (or register as a user): Login
Use your LinkedIn login if you like.
• Our news posts around PostTrade 360° Copenhagen 2023, on 11–12 October, are gathered here.
• To download the 24-page jubilee event magazine, click here.
• The conference info site, with detailed agenda, is here.
• For post-event access to recorded sessions, sign up here (where you can even log in easily by your LinkedIn account).
• By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already, among the 3,400 post-trade pros who are? Follow us here.