[VIDEO] “Artificial intelligence”, AI, is becoming an everyday work mate for a rapidly growing proportion of the finance-industry workforce. With PostTrade 360° Helsinki on Wednesday, JP Morgan’s Daniel Borrajo shared a long list of examples of how his organisation is applying the technology.
Scanning deal documents for indications of sustainability-related investments is just one of the many ways in which JP Morgan is currently applying AI-based tools.
According to the giant bank’s AI research director Daniel Borrajo, more than 80 projects are rolling.
In the conference he shared briefs on several:
• As the banks staff generates 8 million powerpoint slides per year, ways are sought to generate them automatically from specified data or based on human talk.
• Automated predictions based on visual curves are introduced as a complement to traditional series analysis.
• Optimising the way in which staff returns to office, post-covid.
• Detecting ESG trends … based on what corporate earnings calls talk about over time.
• Automated identification of ESG related deals.
A common application of AI is to extract and structure information from non-formal documents; the main picture to this article gives an illustration.
• News from the PostTrade 360° Helsinki event is gathered here.
• The 32-page pdf magazine, which includes the agenda, can be downloaded by clicking here.
• For a 3-page breakout of the agenda section, click here.
• By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already, among the 2,000 post-trade pros who are? Follow us here.