VIDEO | The tone was positive as this Thursday panel of PostTrade 360° Copenhagen evaluated the migration last month at Finnish CSD Euroclear Finland, to the EU’s Target2-Securities platform for securities settlement. Overall, market-participant representatives Christine Strandberg of SEB and Marcello Topa of Citi welcomed the move as a step towards increasing standardisation.
As the EU’s securities-settlement system backbone T2S added Finland to its many existing participant nations, one could believe the change would be marginal. Though, in terms of holding accounts, Finland’s direct holding system – with one account per each of the country’s 2,3 million individual shareholder – meant a five-fold multiplication or so of the number of accounts on the whole T2S system. Still, Jani Viskari of Euroclear Finland could open by reporting that the shift “went really well”.
The session was led by track moderator and industry advisor Virginie O’Shea.
So how did the implementation look from the Eurosystem side? Enjoy also our recent video interview with Dimitri Pattyn, the ECB’s official responsible for the Target systems, including T2S.
Watch the session video here!First, log in (or register as a user): Login
Use your LinkedIn login if you like.
• Our news posts around PostTrade 360° Copenhagen 2023, on 11–12 October, are gathered here.
• To download the 24-page jubilee event magazine, click here.
• The conference info site, with detailed agenda, is here.
• For post-event access to recorded sessions, find them listed here. To see them, you need to be logged in, and have picked up the free content pass. Sounds tricky but just follow the links!
• By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already? Follow us here.