So far, post trade infrastructures have played a humble role in the budding sustainability transition. This Wednesday panel at the PostTrade 360° Helsinki conference dug into whether central securities depositories could play a supportive role as data intermediaries, as reporting requirements stack up both for issuers and investors.
On the panel:
Camille Leca, Group Head of ESG, Euronext
Paul Symons, Chief Sustainability Officer, Euroclear
Moderator: Alan Goodrich, Regional Sales Manager – Benelux, Nordics, Baltics & SEE, ERI BANCAIRE
The session was titled “The green and the lake – Developing new roles for CSDs in coordinating ESG data from issuers”.
Paul Symons added structure by categorising four common ESG data challenges:
• Inconsistency between ratings (which CSDs cannot solve – they )
• Performance issues: how to manage a target company that is great on most financial accounts but rubbish on ESG.
• Transgression pricing: How do we price a security when a sustainability target is missed?
• News around PostTrade 360° Helsinki 2022, on 30 November and 1 December, is gathered here.
• The conference info site, with detailed agenda, is here.
• To sign up on our digital platform, for free, click here.
• By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already, among the 2,700 post-trade pros who are? Follow us here.