VIDEO | Resilience and business continuity are central topics for anybody in secutities operations – but few experience as far-reaching challenges to it as our industry colleagues in Ukraine in the last years. On stage at PostTrade 360° Copenhagen on Thursday, Olesia Piatchanina – head of securities services with Citi in Ukraine – shared her professional and personal experience.
The session was sponsored by Citi.
Many businesses discuss how large their offices should be, with respect to how many people work there or remotely on different days. In Citi Ukraine’s situation, under the full military invasion of the country by Russia since 2022, it needed to be adapted by how many people could find space in the bomb shelter. And the focus of management has shifted to the mental wellbeing of the staff. In an intensive phase, employees – often with families – needed to relocate.
Citi is present in Ukraine since around 25 years, though with no retail banking business. The connections between the topics of war and securities appear on different levels. In one situation, Ukraine needed to change the name and structure of bond issues, when a direct connection with the war situation made it impossible for many investors to engage under their ESG restrictions.
Watch the session video here!First, log in (or register as a user): Login
Use your LinkedIn login if you like.
• Our news posts around PostTrade 360° Copenhagen 2023, on 11–12 October, are gathered here.
• To download the 24-page jubilee event magazine, click here.
• The conference info site, with detailed agenda, is here.
• For post-event access to recorded sessions, find them listed here. To see them, you need to be logged in, and have picked up the free content pass. Sounds tricky but just follow the links!
• By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already? Follow us here.