Between them they share trillions in assets under management – so what can they tell us about the impact of the covid-19 epidemic on their securities operations?
In the morning plenary of the full-day PostTrade 360° Web Summit – coming Wednesday, 3 June – these investment management heavyweights will gather for a panel discussion on the medium-term effects on buy-side operations:
• Arne Martin Moen, Chief Operating Officer, Storebrand Asset Management
• Matthias Liermann, Chief Operating Officer EMEA, DWS
• Wouter Peters, Chief Operating Officer, Aegon Asset Management
Moderator will be Bastiaan Aalders, Director, Alpha FMC.
Any business newspaper has given an impression of what challenges asset managers have been under: market stress putting the NAV setting processes to the test, question marks around liquidity (with assets in the market even being gated from transactions), assets have seen price falls and volatility that have triggered margin calls, credit markets have shaken and third-party risks have called for attention … all to be handled operationally by staff that is increasingly calling in via laptops from home, secure or not …
Were we ready? And what will we need to look at further as we go forward?
Image, left to right: Arne Martin Moen, Wouter Peters and Matthias Liermann.
The virus conundrum has lead PostTrade 360° to transform itself from a physical-events organizer (long well-established in the Nordics) into the host of this ambitious web conference event. We already love the upside to this: For post-trade professionals across Europe and the world, this means you can be with us on the day without any conference fee or travel costs. Spread the word to your colleague!
Make sure you grab your free ticket today, if you have not already, for our 3 June 2020 full-day online event! With a week to go, over 600 professionals have already signed up.
• Online event “venue”, including sign-up form. This is where you hop in as the Web Summit begins 08:50 CEST on Wednesday 3 June 2020.
• Information site, with agenda, speaker photos etc.
• Practicalities, in case wish to feel extra prepared – including the ingredient list for the shared global pasta cooking session with famous chef Gennaro Contaldo.
By the way … are we connected on LinkedIn already, among the almost 800 post-trade pros who are? Follow us here